Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thankful

This past week has been crazy. Just crazy. I feel so blessed, more than ever. I am not sure where to start. Well, first...let me say this. I know this blog is totally open, so whatever I say, whatever private things I share, some stranger may read. I know. So, no, I don't share *everything* because there are things so very special and personal to my family, it is *just* for us. I don't think anyone reading cares about that too much. lol I say this because...well, most things I share are pretty light hearted. I have never had a "should I mention this in my blog" moment. But, I did this past week. And, even though there are some things that should not be on the blogosphere, I came to the conclusion that this is not one of them. Why? Well, for starters, this blog is also a way for me to chronicle our family history. I fully intend on printing it out into one of those little books you can order. I imagine 4 big grown men, maybe their wives and kids too, pouring over it with a nice glass of wine, at my house of course, many many thanksgivings from now...and what I want to write about...well, it is something that I cannot pretend did not happen, nor should I. It is nothing to hide. Most importantly, when one big grown man in particular is reading this someday, I want him to know how thankful I am for him, and I want him to know that this whole thing, well, 'it ain't no thing but a chicken wing'(I will explain that in a sec). That it is not hard on me, that it is okay, no big deal. I am just thankful he is healthy.
So, here it goes...last week Joey he had a seizure. Yes, a seizure. No worries, he is fine! Thank God. Turns out, he has childhood epilepsy. And you know what? No big deal! In our family, when something is no big deal, we say, "Hey, it ain't no thang but a chicken wang." I know, weird...I am not sure where we got that from or who started it. But, we say it alot. Like when a toddler spills a big glass of milk and starts to tear up, we say this, and it stops the tears, every time. Anyhow, no, I am not being flippant about it. I am thankful it is nothing more serious. It could have been. Many families do not have the luxury of saying that, God Bless them. I am thankful for each and every minute of every day that I get to continue to call him my son.
This is just a bump, the most tiniest of bumps, in a very fulfilled and joyful life.
Joey is pure joy to us. We don't deserve him.
 Sometimes I find gifts from him around my room. Like last night, I go to check on the baby, and I see he has left me a candy cane on my door. He does this alot. When I wake up, he will giggle and ask me, "did you find anything under your pillow or on your dresser or on your doorknob?" This morning I also found out he placed a starbust candy from his stocking under my pillow. And, this is one of the reasons I continuously call him my sweet boy.
I am so thankful for him, and I praise God that it is *just* this and nothing else more serious. So, I will pray that he is healed, that he outgrows it. But, before I ask that, and after I ask that, I thank God for his very life. We are so blessed.

Then, a few days later ...okay let me remember the exact date for record keeping here...um...Friday, January the14th, this baby...

Went from taking a step or two to...drum roll...walking all the way across the room.
 And no, really no, it never ever gets old. I have experienced this 4x now, and every single time, I shriek and clap my hands and hug the baby. It is just so adorable, those first steps, and it fills you with bursting pride, I cannot describe.

Later that day, I snuck away with Jude up to my bedroom for a little photo shoot...I am trying to understand and use window light. It seems to be more complicated than I thought. Anyhow, sometimes I will sneak off with the baby like this and 5 minutes later, I will return, Joe will start to ask where I was but then see the camera and baby and say, "oh, okay."  These are grainy as all get out, but I love them all the same...I captured this curious adorable baby, and that is what is about...although I do worry how they will look in print. lol



Still rolling along with my macro project 52. Here is my last week's project...broccoli. Which happens to be one of the ONLY vegetables Joe and the kids like...how boring is that(this is a big debate in our house...)?

When I picked Paul up on Friday, he excitedly waved this at me. He told me he has made $100, so now he can buy the death star. And, he is totally 100% serious.
It says 'Paul' on it. Just a few things...
1. He wrote 100 backwards, so it may be 1 cent or 1 dollar...
2. When he showed it to Joey, he did not initially tell him it would not work because it is fake, no, he told him that some things cost $1,000.00 dollars, so it may not be enough...
3. The Lego Death Star cost $400.00...
4. It is not legal tender, but we have not had the heart to tell him, so he is holding onto it.
Too funny.

I took these of Pete a week ago...he loves having 'white coffee'(heated up milk with sugar in a coffee cup) with me(I drink real coffee, obviously). He was so cute, I had to snap a few.
 When he was done and wanted down, I said no. I told him he was so cute, I wanted him on my counter forever. He protested and almost teared up! Did he really think I would leave him up there forever? 2-year olds crack me up. So I let the adorable counter accessory down, and off he ran. *sigh* I will take the cute moments when I can.

Friday night, Paul gets this idea...
To make platypus slippers and tape them to his feet. He then got annoyed they were not working like he thought they would...cause, you know, they are PAPER. Cute though.

And it has been snowy and cold, and I am always in awe of what snow and ice does.

Sometimes I edit a photo then re-edit it after seeing some issues I missed. This year, my goal is to fine tune my editing skills and find my style...I feel like my pics are cornucopia of diff styles...I want to be more consistent and nail down techniques. Anyhow, here is my re-edit of my sweet boy. 

Have a great week-enjoy your family, your friends, your kids...I know I will!!! ;)

















2 comments:

  1. Oh, geez..where to start. I love this post! First of all, I'm so glad Joey is doing well and it's not extremely serious. That is GREAT news. And he is too darn cute leaving your gifts, I looove that!

    Secondly, push that baby down!! :) Seriously though, your right, it's truly amazing every.single.time. Never gets old seeing your creation conquer every last milestone. And the photos of him in his room are downright adorable.

    How cool is the broccoli?! I just ordered an reverse ring for my 50mm hoping that I can attempt some macro shots, lol.

    I'm with you on the journey to find your editing style. I feel like I'm slowly getting there and am becoming a wee more consistent. I personally love your photos and definitely see a certain "style" to them.

    Oh, yeah...wanted to say that the word verification on my comment to your previous post was "speedlite"...how funny considering we are photographers? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristine. :) I did almost push Jude down, by the way, ha!!!

    ReplyDelete