Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cornbread and candids

I love cornbread. It is quick. It is rich. It is so very Southern. I tweaked this cornbread recipe till the boys gave me the thumbs up. :)

Ingredients
3 Tbs. butter
1 1/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
5 Tbs. sugar
1 cup whole milk
1 egg

Directions
Place butter in skillet. Place in oven. Preheat oven to 425.
Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
In separate bowl whisk egg and milk together.
Remove skillet. Swirl butter around pan, coating it. Pour remaining butter into wet mixture. Combine with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour in skillet. Bake at 425 for about 25 minutes or until top starts to crack and brown. Rub pat of butter over top. Enjoy. Try it with sour cream!

So, over at ClickinMoms, where I spend tooooo much time, there is a thread about candids...the accidental shots between the nice posed ones, you know? I know all too much about this, especially with Petey. :) Here are a few I had on hand.

Grandma sent us those foamy animals that grow when you drop them in water. As the boys patiently wait for them to grow, Pete's finger gun came out!

I am not really sure *what* Pete is doing here.
More fun with black and white. :) I used Everyday Elements New York B&W  action. I love this B&W!

Then, the other day, I noticed an amazing area of light in my yard. The sun was reflecting off the side of my garage, and a big bush was kind of capturing some and bouncing it back. It was almost a corridor. I grabbed my Pete. I told him that if we went outside and took a pic, I would let him watch some TV. he he he. Okay, so he was not cooperative at all. Would not smile, would not look at me, covered his hands with his face or leaves. And so on.
This is the pic I got for all my trouble.
Cross eyed! Oh my!

So, if you have kept up with my blog, you may have noticed that every once in a while, a pic may look different than it did before. Same pic but...different. No, you are not seeing things, it *is* different. I am not comfortable with my post processing skills(cause I really don't have any yet), so I will post a pic, not like how it looks, come back, edit it, repost it. *sigh* I do this with knitting too. Can't help myself. So, I decided to do something about it. I am taking Everyday Element's Intermediate Workshop. I am so excited! The materials I have gotten already are so so so helpful. I plan on ordering Erin Cobb's Clean Color too. I then might just take Everyday Element's Intermediate Advanced Workshop. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment