Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good bye Summer...

Okay, so Summer has been gone for a few weeks now, but I really miss it. And, I just had to share this Summer story and this pic because it still makes me smile. So, one Summer day, we were busy running errands. It was one of those hectic days where everything goes awry. I was feeling frustrated. I took all 4 kids to the bank(ALL 4), went in and then realized I had to go home because I forgot something. Ugh. So, I strapped ALL 4 back in the car and went home. When we came back, there was a white pick up truck full of melons. I mean, it was like a mountain of melons! It was so pretty and tasty looking, I wished I had my camera, lol. Now, Joey has a thing for Watermelons. Every time we go to the store, he asks for one, even in the dead of winter when they no longer sell them. I looked back at him, and he was staring at the truck in awe. I can only imagine the watermelon eating fantasy he was having. So, we get out, and as we are heading back into the bank, a sweet old man passes by. We smile at each other, say 'hello,' and he passes by. Then, as I am opening the door, he comes back with a big watermelon. He hands it to Joey. Hey, how did he know Joey liked watermelons? Thank you for your kindness watermelon man! You really brightened up our day. :)

Here is Pete after getting cleaned up. I love brown his eyes.


I ordered the kids some new shoes a few weeks ago.
Regular mom stuff. But, I am always amazed at how excited they get over new shoes. They jump up and down as I open the box. They squeal. Then, when they try them on, they will run fast to 'test' them out, informing me that they do in fact make them faster. I love new shoe day. I finally got a pic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment